circle (plural circles)
- (geometry): A two-dimensional geometric figure consisting of the set of all those points in a plane that are equally distant from another point.
- The set of all points (x, y) such that (x âˆ’ 1)2 + y2 = r2 is a circle of radius r around the point (1, 0).
- A two-dimensional geometric figure consisting of the set of all those points of a plane at a distance less than or equal to a fixed distance from another point.
- Any thin three-dimensional equivalent of the geometric figures.
- Put on your dunce-cap and sit down on that circle.
- A curve that more or less forms part or all of a circle.
- move in a circle
- A specific group of persons.
- inner circle
- circle of friends
- (cricket) A line comprising two semicircles of 30 yds radius centred on the wickets joined by straight lines parallel to the pitch used to enforce field restrictions in a one-day match.
6 letters in word "circle": C C E I L R.
Anagrams of circle:
Words found within circle: